Request for Proposal - On-Demand Video Courses 2014 - 2015
Request for Proposal - On-Demand Video Courses
The Legal Services National Technology Project (NTAP) is housed at the Northwest Justice Project in Seattle and serves a nationwide audience of legal aid organizations. NTAP helps nonprofit legal aid programs improve client services through the effective and innovative use of technology. To do this, we provide technology trainings, maintain information, create online tools, and host community forums such as the LStech email list and a YouTube channel.
NTAP is responsible for providing the legal services community with ongoing technology training and resources. NTAP is requesting proposals from interested vendors create 1 or 2 video courses on technology used by legal services. These video courses should cover content, both cutting edge and in use currently, that will enhance the legal services community’s use of technology.
The video courses will cover the topics of:
(1) Creating a Great Legal Aid Website
(2) Using Technology To More Effectively Deliver Legal Aid Services.
These “courses” will provide an in-depth look at frequently-requested topics.
NTAP is open to proposals that incorporate new ideas and technologies.
Legal Aid professionals including: lawyers, paralegals, executive directors, support staff and technology staff.
1) Videos: Each course should have several short videos that can be uploaded to and played on you tube.
2) Written Materials: Each course should have some written materials that include takeaways and key concepts.
3) Links & Other Resources: Each course needs a 1 page, web ready list of links and descriptions of each links relevance to the course, so that users can learn more about the topics covered.
4) Licensing: All training content must be eligible for an open license, like a Creative Commons By Licenses, that allows the community to reuse and build upon the resources created from this project
5) Script: The vendor must provide a digital copy of the script for each video created.
6) Closing Report: Each vendor must submit a short report on how the process used for video production and tips for others that produce their own videos.
Required Proposal Format
The proposal must contain a (1) a cost section (2) a technical section and (3) an experience section (4) references
Vendor must provide a budget with cost possession. NTAP has a limited budget and must complete both courses for a total budget of $25,000. (This can be split between two vendors)
Request for References
Vendor must include contact information for at least two references for similar work
June 25th, 2014
Submit Proposal To:
Via Email to BrianR@Nwjustice.org
Brian Rowe - National Technology Assistance Project Coordinator
For Additional Information or Clarification, Contact:
Email: BrianR@Nwjustice.org phone: (206) 395-6094
Basis for Award of Contract
Cost, proposal quality, and past experience
June 27th, 2014